Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week 15 6/24/13

Week 15 6/24/13
So this week was good. A little slow, I think its because I have finally  adjusted to the missionary life. Its gonna be weird adapting to life after the mission but something I'm kind of looking forward too. Especially the part where there is air conditioning, food anytime you want, a good bathroom and toilet, and sanitized water!  This week what has been killing me are the brown outs or black outs, they are the worst!  Sometimes there is no electricity for  between 2-9 hours and the worst part is when you get home and you get in the shower and all of a sudden it just goes dark, it leads to awkward situations, Haha you are just going to have to trust me on that one. It also stinks  when you are getting ready to cook food, or getting ready to go to bed and you have the nice fan on the closest thing to air conditioning then it just turns off and you are just sleeping on the floor with your nice gross mattress and your star wars sheets and then presume to sweat bullets. 

But on the funnier and brighter side of the week, me and my Companion Elder La'ulu crashed a 10 year olds birthday party. In the Philippines its normal to invite people who you don't know or are just acquaintances with to a party's so you can add to the fun and have a better time hopefully. For us we stuck to eating their food and rocking it on the Karaoke machine, I did some classics: Journey, Beatles, Beach boys, Taylor Swift and Syiempre/ of course Ice Ice Baby and I tried some Frank Sinatra. So that was fun considering we walked pretty far to get there maybe 14 km. So good rewards and blessing for going to  that I guess.
Teaching my companion to do the "Bernie"

 Some thing cool I read in D&C was  when Joseph Smith asked the brethern, " shall we not go on in so great a cause?" and thats exactly why I am here to help other come closer to god. They say they don't want to listen or say they aren't interested but we somehow get a return appointment and we later end up baptizing them. A lot of people don't know where to look for what they are searching for. Its my job to help the Filipino. They are so great they are the best I already consider myself filipino! They live day to day with so little. The way they live baffles me, they honestly would choose to live the way they are rather than go for something much better, they are humble and truly loving people. I am truly thankful for living in America where we are able to voice our opinion and have a good government with fair laws. I am especially  thankful that my family doesn't have to live in poverty everyday. I went on exchanges last week and just talking to other filipino missionaries they say they would rather be missionaries all their life so they can obtain the blessing of the Lord rather than go  home and return to poverty. 

I am thankful that I have a really good companionship and thats important for all missionaries and those getting ready to go on missions if you have a good companionship you'll be successful and you'll make that connection that helps you to work well together.
I am thankful that I am healthy and able to continue to work here.  I am thankful for all of the support I have.  I am thankful that our Heavenly Father continues to pick me up when I am down and continues to lead and guide my work here.

Shout out to Cejae and Jordan T.  Happy Birthday! Hope you both had great days.

Keep the e-mails coming please!!!

Love, 
The one and only Elder Llorens


No comments:

Post a Comment