Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Week 35 - a week of service

Week 35
11/18/13


Beautiful View from Apartment



Well this week was a really good one again! This was my last week with Elder Relf, now he is a real missionary and has graduated and is no longer in his training.  It's pretty good to see that I was able to successfully train, especially an american.  It's good to be tested like that, and to feel the Lord's inspiration and guidance with the language. The  other news is  Elder Relf got transferred and I'm staying. I meet my new companion tomorrow hopefully he's a filipino so I can continue to progress in the language as well as have some fun!
 We were able to teach a new lady and she is really interested in the gospel and wants to learn more. It was good teaching with Elder Relf for the last time and its been a great 3 months.  I know that as his adventure begins on his own that he will be terrific. (of course because I trained him, estig!)



The Crew


So the cool thing this week we were able to make care packages and send them to the victims of the super typhoon in Tacloban. It was fun coming together with the community and helping the people who are in need.  It was fun to hear that if they ever need help again they would personally call us for help. We did the service at the local radio station but that was the biggest  highlight of the week. We also were able to  teach a less active family and really help them out by helping them change their focus  so they can become more united and can strengthen their family. It is hard to explain the life people live over here.  These are humble people who work hard for everything they have. I will never look at life the same, I will never look at what I have been given the same.  I love this opportunity to learn to live in a country that is so different than what I am use to.



Service



Thank you to all for the emails you are great, I love you and good luck to my cousin who's going to the father land Germany for the army  your the man Jase good luck and I'll see you in a while.
Elder Llorens

No comments:

Post a Comment