Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week 38

Week 38
12-9-13

Look close and you can see the silly string

So this week kind of went a little slow but a lot of funny and good things happened in it. So the first thing that happened is that I got a Christmas package and in it was Silly String. So I was like yes, perfect a lot of missionaries we had a huge meeting together and at the end we usually take a picture with all of us and this is where I pulled the prank. So I set my camera to record so I would get it all on video.  So after the last flash I just stood in the back and just let the the string fly. Everyone was laughing screaming and having a good time so it was good timing for sure. And even funnier, I was wearing a Christmas tie that sings jingle bells and  the kids, they got a good laugh out of it and they think its some type of magic.


Later that day we went out and we went to a house and the way to enter the property is you have to walk across a coconut log bridge( it was raining) and I'n sure you know where this story is going... So like I said it was raining that day since the night before so it was quite wet outside.  We get to the bridge and its a tad flooded. So any way we go we were going to have to walk through some water..so we choose the log, I get half way across and the log rolled on me, I almost used my "skills" to catch myself but I slipped on the other foot as well and I came hurling down into the nasty stinky muddy water. I was about knee deep and yeah I smelt like a straight up pig.  We get to the house and  no one answers bummer! Then on the way back  it happens again. Jokes on me I guess. 
So the cool thing is I talked to our bishop and discussed the area and he gave me some families to find. So on Thursday we were in one of our areas and I had never been out this  way before, and  I remembered that one of the people that the bishop told me about lived out this way. So I made the decision were "going on an adventure" we walked a couple miles to find this guy but we finally did and I'm glad we took a chance. After we talked to him he went to church so that was great and its a huge area so later on we will try and talk to more people in that area. Saturday we went to another area and just started asking people if they knew any of the other names we had. We were able to get the general direction to where to go.. after walking for a while I  asked an older nanay if she recognized this name , she didn't recognize it so we start walking away than she called me over and she said she does know them and she'll take us there . We met the family and they were really receptive so that was  cool. 
 SO the thing im thankful for this week is the power of god. If he wants something to happen it will happen but on his own time.And I'm grateful for the other Elders and Sisters serving especially at this time they are doing  great things and I encourage you all to keep it up. And for those at home embrace the spirit of Christmas and do things that you would want others to do for you. okay my Nagas thank you for the e-mails I Love you all I hope you have a great week.

St Nick Night December 6- stocking filled



 Take it easy.
Elder Llorens

No comments:

Post a Comment