Thursday, March 13, 2014

Week 51

Week 51
3/10/14



So this has been sort of a rough week for me. At the beginning it was really good. We had a lot of lessons and even a baptismal invitation. I went on exchanges with some Elders to help them out.  We accomplished a lot of work ,but it kind of just got a little rough. My companion got a sick ,so our work slowed down the last couple of days. But I am coming to understand more about honor.  I got a really good letter from my father about Senator McCain when he was serving in the military and when he became a prisoner of war. He talked a lot about having an honor code. Basically for officers in the military they are expected to be a good example to others and to always be doing the right thing. I can relate to it as being a missionary. It gets rough at times for sure. Always being a good example, but its more worth it when you are the example and you see others recognizing it. So being a missionary has changed my whole life. I would like to think of myself as a meatball still, but I have to admit that I have matured really fast in just a little over a year. Its hard but its   shaping my whole life. At times I will fall and that's just a part of growing and life. But I was talking to a really good friend the other day and I remembered this quote, " arise and rise again, until lambs become lions" when ever we fall we can't quit, we have to  just keep going on. The days may seem dark and lonesome but then I remember that I have a Savior who watches and protects me and I have a loving Heavenly Father who is always willing to help and forgive me. That's a lot of love, it reminds me of how good and precious life is. No matter how bad and dark life may get, there is always a light that will break the dawn, something to look forward to.  I am grateful again to be here and serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful for all the trials in my life because they will help me pick myself up and to press forward, on  straight path. I have seen so many miracles from being here that its impossible to deny that God lives and Loves us and that's the truth. I know that life is the playing field and I have to make most of what I have and I intend to. I am also grateful for all the family and friends that give me help especially when I don't think I  need it. You are a blessing. Thank you again and I hope you all have a great and amazing week.
Elder Llorens

No comments:

Post a Comment