Thursday, August 28, 2014

Week 74 - ELECTRICITY!!

Week 74
8/18/14




Finally we got electricity again. we are no longer having sleepless nights!. So besides that this week has been really good we started the week out really well and the teaching is going really well. We have a baptism coming up in 2 weeks and we are just helping people still to repair their houses. So our house is one of the many houses that have power but the rest of the town or little farming country still don't have it so we are being looked out for big time. But this is a big blessing for me. I really learned what it is to be like to have no power for almost 6 weeks and its been a real learning and humbling experience. Part of my learning here I have not mastered but I am a pretty good chess player now. Some of you might think thats a little nerdy but its actually a big thing here in the Philippines and at times it gets a little intense. So the only really big news here is the electricity coming back. But we had a really good lesson the other day for one of the members here in the area. Its been a while since hes gone to church. And it was a really good lesson and it was before church when we taught him and we basically gave him a pump up speech of how this can bless him and his  family and how he can be a leader to them now doing what hes doing and at them same time going to church. I couldn't believe it but he showed up and his family too even though his baby was a little sick. That was awesome. This last sunday I gave a talk at church as well... I Shared this scripture in the Book of Mormon Moroni 10;* and I thought this could be good for everyone either of or not of our faith."And again, I exhort you, my brethren, that ye deny not the gifts of God, for they are many; and they come from the same God. And there are different ways that these gifts are administered; but it is the same God who worketh all in all; and they are given by the manifestations of the Spirit of God unto men, to profit them."   so we all have gifts from god and since god has given us these gifts we can all use them for good! example... service. It can be very simple but it is a huge thing,not only to the persons eyes who we are serving but also to gods eyes. I am greatful for the many opportunities that I have been having being here in the Philippines and I have been talking to some of my friends about being super sad about leaving.  Its true. When we are in a worthy cause it feels awesome especially when we are doing our part in helping. So this has been a great week I get to see my friends again for our zone training this Friday with our mission president and his wife. I can't wait to make the trip and see my friends and all the other missionaries here. Tomorrow we are having a party for one of the missionaries in my house. I am in charge of the soda but this should be really fun opportunity being around great people. Just want to say thank you to all of the friends and family who have been great examples to me all of my life you are all awesome. I should also share that we had another bat problem in our house and that I was almost killed by the ferocious thing.  So thank you all again... I'll talk to you soon.

Elder Llorens

No comments:

Post a Comment