Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 87

Week 87
11-16-14

Hello, so this week has been awesome. We have been really successful in finding new people to teach this week so basically my mission President just told me to do was run to the end of my mission so thats what me and my companion are doing. But we are having fun at the same time. So everyday we basically have found new people to teach, usually from just talking to people and whats really nice most of them are letting us come back to teach them more. One of the days while we were working with some of the other Elders in our area, we were looking for a less active and this was cool he lives in this one house, and his step father is a really tall dutch man. So for the whole time I was talking to him in really horrible English. Basically I forgot how to speak formal english to anyone, but yeah it was really weird talking/ having a conversation in English. My favorite part of the week was on Friday, we had a zone conference and it was really cool to see a lot of my friends in the mission right before I leave. But yeah we had a really sweet spirit about the church, and it was nice to have a open discussion with the rest of our zone and other zones. This week you can say was busy we had 29 lessons all together, it was so busy we didn't have time to go to all of our other lessons because we were just going hard. It's been really cool how the lord prepares people to hear our message, while we were looking for this one street contact, we asked this lady if she knew who the person we were looking for, after a while of talking she started to ask questions, long story short she basically asked all the questions we teach in the first lesson and asked us to come back to teach her more later this week. Super cool that sometimes there are a lot of people looking for the "something more" but sometimes they don't know they are looking for it. That was definitely a testimony builder for me and my companion. And yesterday I gave a talk at Church about ... Missionary service.... no shocker there, But my favorite scripture I used there was in Alma 42:31

 31 "And now, O my son, ye are called of God to preach the word unto this people. And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them. And may God grant unto you even according to my words. Amen."
I am just super happy to have spent these few months preaching the Gospel to those who don't know about the Plan of Salvation or Plan of Happiness. Its been Gloryoso hahaha. But yeah 2 more weeks and im home and I get to eat my Double Double burger. That is the blessed day. But thanks everyone for your support and I'll see you Shortly.
Elder Llorens

No comments:

Post a Comment