Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Week 33

Week 33
10/28/13



This last week was a bit of a hassle. I had to play daddy. My trainee got Dengue fever so I had to take care of him. But he's good now his case mild thank goodness. But I guess there is no cure for it so you basically rest and let it pass. He was just really light headed/dizzy, threw up a couple of times, dehydrated and yeah stomach pain but he's good now. I just had to feed him and dress him at one point (that spiced things up.

 On  Thursday I was privileged to listen to the area president for the Philippines, President Ardern from New Zealand. He and his wife are great people and they have awesome accents, so listening to them was great. They talked about a lot of things, but you could just tell that he's  a great man and that he really  loves the Lord. It definitely takes someone special to be an area president or and area seventy because its a really hard job. I got to shake his hand and listen to him for a couple hours. He said something that really made me wonder about myslef and all that I have done in my life, this isn't the exact quote but he said this...What think Christ of Me? I am so glad to serve a full time mission for the lord and teach people about his gospel. Its just great to see the change in me and the people here. I know I haven't been a perfect person in my life but I know through this gospel and this doctrine that we can change and be the person we are destined to be. I am grateful to be serving with other young men like myself,  the people of the Bicol region. It truely is the best in all the land.

 Weather update, it somewhat got cold it probably dropped like 2 degrees (whoopee) but its  windy so thats good, it makes it so it feels cooler at least. Later tonight I have a family  home evening and we get to eat Bicol express my favorite food and ice cream for a members birthday. We will teach the family how to play Simon says. So it should be fun, I'm looking forward to it.  I have been really enjoying the christmas lights here and the Christmas music it reminds me of home a lot. But  we have been tracting alot  lately so we can get find some new  investigators. I've  just been telling myself that the worth of every souls is great in the eyes of God. So yeah everyday we have been trying to see if we can contact someone. But hopefully next week we can get in some good work now that my trainee is feeling better.

 Well I can't think of anything else to write, but I really appreciate all the people that have written me and are keeping keeping up with my blog that my mom does. I'm thankful for my family and friends as well. They play a big part in my life. And if you want to learn more about what I really do look for the 2 nearest guys wearing,white shirts, ties and pants with a black name tag that says the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints on it . They can tell you a lot about life and some other really neat things.  I love you all and I hope you have a good week.

Elder Llorens

*Sorry for no pictures I am having memory card issues

No comments:

Post a Comment